Excellent Snack Option, if you missed that crunch.
Egg whites provides just the right amount of crunch here..
TOOLS and GADGETS
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Parchment Paper
- You can adjust flavors make them more sweet or less. Add sesame seeds, hemp seeds. Add spices like chili, smoked paprika or just sea salt (works really well with macadamia nuts) Be creative
- Check the oven often so you won't burn the nuts, allow them to slightly darker than their raw color.
- You can make this recipe with any nuts of your choice, just be mindful that some nuts have more carbs than others. Cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts..
- It keeps at least a month in an airtight container at room temperature.
- They may be a little soft when they're out immediately, it will get crunchy when cooled.
WHERE TO BUY ALLULOSE
For all the recipes using Allulose you can purchase fine Allulose at Goalz Allulose page.
KETO Sweet and Crunchy Nuts
Calorie and net carb amounts are dependant on the type of nuts. I calculated it for pecan halves. serving size is about 15 pecans
- 2 Cups of Pecan halves
- 2 Cups Almonds
- 2 eggs whites
- 1 1/2 cup Alllulose or other Sweetener(adjust)
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 275
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray the parchment with avocado oil
- Beat egg whites on high until it turns opaque white
- Mix nuts in a large bowl
- Gently fold in the egg whites
- Add allulose, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well
- Spread the nuts on the cookie sheet, bake about one hour
- You can sprinkle more allulose if you like at this point