Easy breezy and pretty desert
What’s better than chocolate with coffee. Always my fav, I usually have some some chocolate with my coffee, sometimes I dunk it in 😉😱😋😂
I made this easy dessert for my lunch guests and served after a sumptuous salad. Everybody is on some sort diet so this was an excellent surprise dessert for them.
Everybody loved it and not a dab left in the cups 😂
It can be made ahead to avoid last minute fuss and even freeze them if you like.
It’s still very hot and this is an impressive summer dessert.
Most of the carbs come from the heavy cream😱, initially most of us think that heavy cream is carb free since it says so on the cartoon. But the truth is 1 table spoon contains 0.4grams and it can be rounded down and listed as 0.
I know you will enjoy it, it’s really amazing
TOOLS and GADGETS
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric Mixer
TIPS and SUBSTITUTIONS
- You can use another type of sweetener, you may have to reduce the amount depending on the tpe.
- While making chocolate mousse, half and half can be substituted for 3 tbs of heavy cream in the same amount.
- You can garnish the sides of parfait glass rims with any type of crushed nuts or sugar free sprinkles
- Keeping the heavy cream cold is necessary to be able to whip the cream.
- You can use some left over coffee for coffee cream mixture, it needs to be strong though. I do. not recommend it for mocha mousse though since chocolate hates water. If you don't have instant coffee, you can omit coffee from your mocha.
KETO Mocha Latte Parfait
5 Minutes + Chilling Time
- 1 Cup (5-6oz) Keto Chocolate, crushed and divided
- 1 tsp unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 3 tbs heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp granulated instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tbs instant coffee
- 1/2 Cup Allulose
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Almonds, Optional
- Melt 1/2 Cup of chocolate and butter in microwave for 30 seconds with 15 sec intervals
- Mix until smooth, dip your parfait glasses rims into the melted chocolate
- Mix egg yolks, 3 tablespoon of heavy cream, rest of the chocolate, vanilla and 1 teaspoon coffee in a small pot
- Cook at medium to low heat until chocolate melts and nicely covers the back of a spoon
- Let the chocolate mixture cool stirring a few times
- Dissolve 2 teaspoon of coffee in 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add the rest of the heavy cream and allulose, beat on high until stiff peaks form
- ake about one and a half cups of coffee cream and fold into the cooled chocolate mixture
- Spoon about a 1/4 Cup of chocolate mousse into your parfait glasses
- Spoon or pipe 1/4 cup of coffee cream on top and repeat the layer
- Garnish with nuts, cocoa nibs,or cocoa powder
- Chill in the fridge or cover and freeze