Ketofied copy cat version of Ikea's Almond Cake. Both delicate and dense at the same time. Naturally gluten-free. Very unique cake.
This version saves a lot from calories.
TOOLS and GADGETS
- Mixing bowls and measuring cups
- Electric Mixer
- Two 8 or 9-inch round cake pan
- Parchment paper
TIPS and SUBSTITUTIONS
- It is OK to use almond flour but almond meal works much better
- Do NOT use convection for this cake otherwise, it will brown before it's thoroughly baked
- Xanthan Gum helps with the texture, I highly recommend it but it still works without
- You can reduce the number of egg yolks by increasing xanthan gum, it doesn't taste eggy with 4 but if you are sensitive, use just two
- The frosting is yellowish in color due to egg yolks
- If your frosting is warm, even at room temperature, it will be hard to whisk it well. So keep it in the fridge until it is cold.
- Do not overbeat it, it will curdle. Still usable but not pleasant looking.
WHERE TO BUY ALLULOSE
For all the recipes using Allulose, you can purchase fine powdered Goalz Allulose here: SHOP ALLULOSE. If you want to learn more about Allulose, visit our ALLULOSE INFO page.
Keto Swedish Almond Cake
Ikea Swedish almond cake copy cat recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Meal
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup Allulose
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Cup Allulose
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum, optional
- 8 tbs Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Sliced Almonds
- Mix egg yolks, allulose and cream in a small pan
- Cook on medium until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat, add vanilla extract and cool completely in the fridge or in the freezer
- -----> Make the cake while the custard is cooling
- -----> Roast sliced almonds in a pan on medium until they turn golden brown
- Whisk butter on high until light and fluffy
- Add chilled custard slowly, still beating on high until it is spreadable. If it's too soft, chill about 20 minutes in the fridge and then try to whisk
- Spread a layer of frosting over the first cake layer, top with the second cake layer, then frost the tops and sides
- Garnish with sliced almonds all over the cake
- Preheat oven to 350
- Beat egg whites with allulose on high until soft peaks form, about 5-6 minutes
- Fold in almond meal in two batches gently
- Draw and cut parchment paper circles to cover the bottoms of two 8-inch pans
- Divide the batter between the pans and spread evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven
- Cool about 10 minutes, turn onto wire racks and remove the parchment paper carefully
- Cool completely before assembling the cake
There’s no instruction for when to add the xantham gum. Should it be while heating the custard?
Leave a comment