So no it's not real ravioli. It's mock ravioli but it is so easy and tasty, you won't regret. Fancy vibes to a good old diced chicken recipe.
TOOLS and GADGETS
- Wooden Skewer to guide rolling, optional
- A Wide Skillet and pans for cooking
TIPS and SUBSTITUTIONS
- You can skip the topping if you want to save on calories.
- You can use low carb yoghurt or regular yoghurt which will increase carb count per serving about 3 grams
- I used mission whole wheat tortilla which has 3 net carbs each
- You can make this without chicken serve it with marinara sauce as an appetizer
- Chicken breasts are very high protein and this dish will provide 55 grams. If you are on Keto, it is an important macro to follow. Chicken legs will reduce protein increasing fat might be more suitable.
KETO Fried Ravioli with Chicken
Mock Ravioli, Easy to Make, Superb Keto Main Dish..
- 2 Low Carb Tortillas
- 2 tbs Water
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Oil for frying
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast or leg, cubed
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Butter
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a shallow skillet, add cubed chicken, butter, and paprika
- Add salt and pepper and cook stirring occasionally on medium high until the chicken cooks thoroughly, about 20 minutes
- In the mean time, take a tortilla and roll it tightly around wooden skewer
- Sprinkle the tortilla roll with water, squeeze it tighter
- Remove the skewer by pulling it out on one end and repeat it for the other tortilla
- Cut the tortilla rolls about 1 inch thickness
- Heat avocado oil in a pan on high, add tortilla pieces and fry them until golden brown on both sides by shaking the pan occasionally
- Remove tortilla raviolis from oil and combine them with chicken
- Mix sour cream and garlic, add some salt if you like
- Melt butter with paprika in a small pan on high until bubbly, mix and remove from heat
- Transfer the chicken ravioli to a serving dish, top with sour cream and then pour some melted butter
- Serve hot