Surprise your Keto Dieting Loved Ones.
This forgiving cake will tolerate mistakes as long as you don't forget it in the oven. You should be very careful with nut flours as they brown much quicker than regular flour.
TOOLS and GADGETS
- 2 9" round cake pans
- Parchment Paper
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups, Mixing Bowls, Spatulas
TIPS and SUBSTITUTIONS
- Allulose can be replaced by other sweeteners. For Erythritol, use 3/4 Cup and add very little amount of black pepper in frosting to mask the cooling taste it causes.
- Monk fruit, you will need only 1/2 cup depending on the filler it comes with. Monk fruit (lakanto) is extremely sweet like stevia and not very easy to mix in its pure form. So it is mixed with some other material. The cheap version comes with dextrose, which is not suitable for the Keto diet. It increases blood glucose more than table sugar. Sometimes it comes with inulin, it is the healthy version.
- Using virgin coconut oil will result in a wonderful coconut aroma and is an excellent alternative.
- Be careful when baking the cake as the nut flours brown faster.
WHERE TO BUY ALLULOSE
Keto Carrot Cake
Very moist better than original carrot cake. It becomes even more delicious next day
- 1 Cup Allulose
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut butter or MCT oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 5 Medium Carrots, shredded = ~ 2 1/2 cups
- 1 Cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 tbs butter, softened
- 1 Cup Allulose
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Heavy Cream
- Pre heat oven to 350 and line two 9 inch pans with parchment paper or grease a spring form pan
- Beat butter and allulose together
- Beat in eggs one by one
- In another bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinamon, and nutmeg
- Stir flour mixture into the butter-egg mixture
- Fold in the shredded carrots and chopped walnuts
- Transfer the cake mixture evenly into the pans
- Bake 30 mins, start to check after 20 mins for doneness
- Beat cream cheese, butter, allulose together until fluffy
- Add in vanilla and give it few more swirls
- Add heavy cream one tbs by 1tbs until you get the consistency that the frosting can be spread easily
- Spread the frosting over one of the cakes
- Top with the second layer cake and repeat
- Spread the left over frosting to the sides
- Sprinkle the top with walnuts